DEFINITION AND PURPOSE – WHAT ARE COOKIES
Web pages have no mnemonic function. As you navigate from one page of a website to another, you will not be recognised as the same user on each of the pages A cookie is a small text file in which certain information about your navigation is stored Cookies allow you to be recognised by the Website as a unique user They are sent by the Website to your terminal equipment (computer, tablet, smartphone, notebook, etc.), to be stored and then retransmitted on your next visit.
Cookies ensure a more efficient operation of the website, improving navigation, for example:
- remembering the settings entered, so that you do not have to change them every time you access a new page;
- storing the information entered (e.g. user name, language, browser type, etc.).
For more information on cookies and privacy, please consult the documentation on the website of the Garante della privacy at the following link: http://www.garanteprivacy.it/.
Accessing and browsing the Site expresses your consent to receive cookies.
DURATION AND TYPE OF COOKIES
Some cookies are automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session, while others remain stored in the terminal, normally hosted in the browser used (e.g. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). Lasting cookies are therefore of two types:
Temporary cookies (or
) are removed from your computer when you close your browser They are used to store temporary information, such as the items in your shopping cart. Almost all cookies on the websites you view are session cookies whose activity ends when you close your Internet browser.
Persistent cookies are cookies that are stored on a user’s computer or other device during a browsing session, but remain on the user’s computer or other device after the browsing session ends. Persistent cookies serve various purposes in the interests of users (they are used to store information, such as your login name and password, so that you do not have to retype them each time you visit the same site). They may remain stored in the device for a variable, but nevertheless determined, amount of time, depending on the function they are performing.
These two types of cookies (session and persistent) can in turn be ‘proprietary’ and ‘third-party’. When we talk about proprietary cookies, we mean cookies set by the owner of the websites. When we talk about third-party cookies, we mean cookies transmitted by third parties, i.e. set by a website other than the one you are currently visiting. These fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the third party operator.
You can delete all cookies from your browser at any time. However, permanently disabling all cookies may result in browsing difficulties or, at times, the inability to use certain features of the Site. For example, you will no longer be able to: use e-commerce shops to make your purchases, enter the Customer Area and manage the products you have purchased, use web-based software, etc.
Our site uses the following types of cookies:
- Browsing cookies: We use browsing cookies to enable you to view our website, to make it work properly, to create your account, to login by accessing restricted areas and to be able to make purchases. These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our Site.
- Functional cookies: We use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our Website as effectively as possible, for example by remembering products you have previously viewed. Functional cookies are not essential for the operation of the Website, but they add services by improving the overall browsing experience.
- Analytical cookies: We use analytical cookies to better understand how our users use the Website, to optimise and improve the Website and to ensure that the Website is always effective and efficient for users. The data we obtain relates to the web pages visited, the type of platform used, date and time stamp information and data such as the number of clicks on a particular page, words searched and texts entered while using the Website.
DISABLING AND DELETING COOKIES (OPT-OUT)
At the end of each browsing session, you can delete the cookies collected from the hard disk of your device. If you wish to delete the cookies installed in the cookie folder of the browser you are using, please remember that each browser has different procedures for managing the settings.
By selecting the links below, you can obtain specific instructions for some of the major browsers.
Microsoft Windows Explorer:
it is possible to disable only Google Analytics cookies, using the opt-out add-on provided by Google for major browsers https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you want to learn more about cookies in general, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
For more information, please contact:
METAL SERVICES srl
10/12 J. Srebernic Street
34077 Ronchi dei Legionari (GO) – Italia
phone: +39 0481 474849
fax: +39 0481 474825